We are seeking a Chief Reliability Engineer to provide leadership and technical acumen to a expansion production site in Canada. This exceptional opportunity requires a broad portfolio of engineering skills that can be used to build strategies, systems and initiatives into an integrated approach for the site. The Chief Reliability Engineer must possess an in depth understanding of reliability principles and have the ability to implement programs and initiatives through others.
This strategic role has a rich compensation and bonus package. An outstanding relocation program is provided for you move to Calgary / Edmonton.
Forward this resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />
· Develop and steward the project philosophies, standards and specifications.
· Define project technical and documentation requirements and ensure they are met across all engineering interfaces.
· Assure that all aspects of the Constructability Program are carried out during the various project phases.
· Coordinate the technical auditing activities across all project engineering participants.
· Monitor the turnaround of documents for Owner review/approval and audit those issues to ensure that they have been resolved in a timely manner.
· Create engineering-oriented plans and procedures to enable the Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) contractors to properly comply with project requirements.
· Ensure Owner technical support is provided to the EPC contractors on a timely basis.
· Participate in the specification and procurement of all major equipment in the discipline.
· Review and approve technical deviation from the EPC contractors.
· Assure that the EPC contractors fulfill all of the requirements in the Engineering and Licensor Agreements Owner has signed
· Witness factory acceptance tests for discipline-specific equipment.
· Provide technical approval of vendors and suppliers for the Approved Vendor List.
· Participate in engineering reviews as identified in the project procedures.
· Evaluate the performance of EPC and Supplier of Choice (SOC) contractor
· Assure that the EPC contractor’s design tools and applications are consistent with Owner project standards and Computer-Aided Design (CADD) and 3D modeling requirements.
· Ensure EPC contractor designs meet project standards by reviewing critical deliverables, attending reviews, and witnessing vendor packages.
· Be closely involved in the construction inspection process to ensure that equipment is installed correctly, with no re-work.
· Participate in the commissioning of equipment to ensure all equipment support systems are in place and operate correctly, and that equipment is installed in accordance with the Piping and Instrument Drawing (P&ID).
· Provide support during the start-up of equipment to assist with the resolution of any issues that may arise during that time.
· Supervise provide feedback and development to junior engineers and inspectors
· Work with the Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) team
· Ensure that the discipline’s records are kept up-to-date and that equipment data is properly filed.
· Bachelor Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering. Advanced degree a plus.
· 10+ years experience working on reliability projects in an engineering consultancy or operations environment, preferably in the Oil and Gas sector.
· Experience in varied Technical Support to Operations; refinery or petrochemical facility preferred.
· Proven experience in an operating facility preferred as an Equipment Reliability Leader
· Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) or Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP) or Certified Reliability Professional (CRP) certification preferred.
· Proven experience facilitating a team.
· Proven experience with Risk Assessment.
· P.E. license desired but not required.
· Experience in major Chemical Plant or Refinery as an Equipment Reliability Leader.
· Strong Communication / People (mentoring) Skills.
· Understanding of PSM / RCFA / FMEA and regulatory issues required to operate safely.
· Detail oriented with ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks & responsibilities
· Understanding of safety risk mitigation methodologies associated with the implementation of new technology options within projects e.g. HAZOP, LOPA etc.
· Good planning, communication skills and team work.
· Knowledge of industry and government standards such as ISA, IEC, NEC, API requirements for process facilities